One time in 2015 we will see the largest underground high-speed rail station in the world with modern concept and amazing art design. how large this building, according to the masterplan on AEDAS, it will use 430,000 square meter facility and host 15 tracks creating for high-speed trains. accommodating regional lines as well as long distance services, the functional arrangementneeded to consider that 80% of ridership is projected to be commuters between nearby shenzhen and guangzhou, requiring limited internal distances to make connections. contextual restrictions dictated the major railway types were separated on either the eastern and western halves of the site.
This Design Building has received numerous awards:
• The Chicago Athenaeum, International Architecture Awards 2012 as (Shortlised)
• Leading European Architects Forum (LEAF) Awards 2012 (Best Future Building of the Year)
• MIPIM Awards 2012 (Best Mega Futura Project)
• World Architecture Festival Awards 2010 (Winner, Future Infrastructure Projects)
• Cityscape Awards for Architecture in Emerging Market 2010 (Winner, Future Tourism, Travel & Transport Projects)(Highly Commended, Future Commercial / Mixed Use Projects)
all images courtesy of AEDAStags: amazing design, art design, best public building, express rail terminus design, express-rail link-west-kowloon-terminus, future building, future design project, hongkong terminus, hongkong terminus design, public building, rail express terminus design in hongkong